Monday, April 18, 2005

Reinvent the "always"

If you haven't read any of Seth Godin's books then you may want to check out his blog as he frequently has interesting things to say (the ultimate compliment that I feel I can give a person is that they make me think and Seth certainly does that for me).

One of his recent postings, "
What's the always?" is certainly thought-provoking:

Here's a neat way to invent a new Purple Cow.

Figure what the always is. Then do something else.

Toothpaste always comes in a squeezable tube.
Business travelers always use a travel agent.
Politicians always have their staff screen their calls.

Figure out what the always is, then do exactly the opposite. Do the never.

Sounds simple but it makes you think doesn't it ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the always! Sounds like updated version of "think outside of the box". Jargon-bias aside, I like the philosophy.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home